Wednesday, September 10, 2014

7 Hair Care Beliefs that are Actually Damaging

2103e0bf42fb17e47213866928e1223dadaf4cd8

So you are all set for your wedding, fixed appointments with your beautician, made your trousseau shopping list and decided your look for the big day. This is the time when everyone you meet is up with some advice for you, either for your outfit, makeup, skin or hair. Especially when it comes to hair care, there are at least a dozen beliefs and tips that every person wants you to follow. But did you know that some of these are actually not true at all, and can in fact damage your hair? Read on, as we bust 7 such popular notions.
1. More you comb, better it is for hair growth

Regular combing is necessary for tangle-free and healthy looking hair. It also promotes blood circulation in the scalp. So, this belief might have some creditable origins. But if you overdo it, and do not use a wide-toothed comb, there are all the chances that you pull the hair off the follicles making the strands weak. Frequent combing can also irritate the scalp, further damaging the follicles. So, just be gentle and use a wide-toothed comb to untangle hair.

2. Frequent shampooing prevents oily hair

Hormonal and genetic factors regulate how much oil is produced by our scalp. Shampooing will only cleanse your scalp and hair. It cannot control how much oil is produced. In fact, too much shampooing can leave your hair brittle by sapping it off the natural, essential oil.

3. Some hair products repair split ends

Split ends are caused by the wear and tear of hair because of rough handling. Another reason is not regularly oiling and cleansing the hair. The only cure for split ends is trimming your hair regularly, and conditioning it well. Experimenting with too many fancy products will not only burn a hole in your pocket, but also make your hair weak.

4. Frequent trimming helps in hair growth

This is one of the favourite beliefs that many of us hold and pass on. The known fact, however, is that hair grow at the roots, and trimming the edges has no significance whatsoever, on the growth. All regular trimming can do is to make you look well-groomed and your hair well-managed by eliminating split ends. So, go ahead and do get a trim regularly, but only with the intention to look better. As far as hair growth is concerned, everyone’s hair grows about half an inch every month. So as a matter of fact, too much trimming might actually slow down the results you are looking for!

5. Only animal protein is best for your hair

Animal protein from sources like eggs, chicken and fish, is actually very good for your hair. But it does not mean that vegetarians cannot have healthy hair! In fact, if you over indulge in animal proteins, you run a risk of piling on excessive calories as well. So, your regular pulses, lentils, nuts, soya, and milk products are absolutely perfect too.
Also Read: Fight Hair Loss with these 6 Common Foods

6. Some shampoos and oils can boost hair growth instantly

It is no secret that the quality and health of your hair is governed largely by your genes. This also holds true for hair growth. Your hair growth can slow down a little bit as you age. But with a well-nourishing diet, enough exercise, and regular hair cleansing routine, you can have a normal, healthy hair growth. Topical application of shampoos, serums or oils can do nothing exceptional for that.

7. Protein-based shampoos nourish your hair 'from within'

It is true that hair is composed of protein and it does need protein to remain healthy. But, all the protein that it needs, it gets from your diet. The scalp needs nourishment from within for hair growth. The so-called “protein based” shampoos will do nothing more than clean your hair; and, their excessive use will leave your hair dry.

We would say, not just for your wedding, but also for later, getting your facts right before you fall prey to hearsay would be great for healthy hair.

26836f82e46040fca5a806badc0036547afa3dbd

5 comments:

  1. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cure the following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Shingles 16. psoriasis,Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 Autism. 19.. lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor who helped me . I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2012, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com}
    or whatsapp him number: +2349038382931.

    Contact him today and you will have a testimony...Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey buddy, this is a very helpful article. Loved your efforts, thanks.
    Vmware training
    Vmware course

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where to start from because i am overwhelmed. I never thought I will be healed of HSV and genital warts these Diseases have affected my life in many way and I have lost so every thing including my job in the course of finding solutions to these illnesses. I wish to share to those living with HSV and genital warts and those suffering from various diseases not to give up because i never knew i will one day be healed and fine . My faith got back after reading from those who got healed after consulting Dr Ofure for his herbal medicines I worriedly contacted this great Doctor on drofureherbalhome@gmail.com. He gave me hope that i will be totally healed after the treatment,I did all he requested and sent me his prepared medicines with the instructions of how to use it to my surprise, in the third week, I was noticing great changes in my body system and the warts totally disappeared though i still did not believe until i was confirmed both HSV and GENITAL warts absolutely Negative. Please if you are living with any disease it is my advise you write Dr Ofure for his medicines he is actually a wonderful man and Godsent he is kind and very straight forward. His Email is drofureherbalhome@gmail.com . His Whatsapp is +2348162868851

    ReplyDelete